A jar of this in the fridge… Good idea 🙂
This couldn’t get any easier. Do you have a blender ? Oui ? You’re in !
Along the same lines as that delicious dressing served on the salad in a good Japanese restaurant this dressing is a bit odd as it starts with a raw carrot !
Don’t worry if you don’t have a high speed blender, I made this before I invested in my VitalMix Blender (aka the German made version of a VitaMix !) and it worked well.
Dip for crudités – Salad dressing – Topping for grain or rice bowl – Dunking bread, pita or fingers in.
Slightly sweet, tangy and full of healthy ginger.
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- “up to” 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tamari or soy sauce
All goes in the blender and blend away until you reach a nice smooth texture. I suggest adding the lime juice and the honey gradually until you reach the mix of sweet and sour that pleases your palate. Add more salt if needed and blend one last time. This will keep in a jar in the fridge for at least a week…
*Inspired by Cookie & Kate
Bon appétit !